Friday, March 18, 2011

My process and resource images for the last project.





First I found the image of the room on google by researching "destroyed Detroit homes."
The image of the boy playing on the ground, I actually took this picture in 2007 at the Denver Chalk Drawing Festival
The castle comes from a series of another artist, but I appropriated this castle into the picture because it fits the project perimeters of " Fabrication" Like the boy is constructing the little castle.
As for the eye in the window, I also just googled "eye"

In this project I was going for a whimsical seen of a boy constructing or fabricating a castle.
Process:
Set the room as the background. Then created a new layer for castle, then the boy. I used a series of layers of the boy and castle so that the boy would look like he is building the castle, In this project I learned that the more layers the better. Then I moved on to the window and the eye. I first selected the window and moved it to a new layer, replacing the nature in the widow with an eye. I warped the eye to fit the window. Then I created the light source from the eye on a new layer by drawing a shape where I thought the light might fall, and filled it in the white, lowered the transparency and dissolved it with the blending options. I created the shadow for the boy and the castle the same way I did the light source. After burning and dodging the room for more shadows and highlights, I exported the image as a jpeg, and brought the image back into cs5 and used some filters and color adjustments in order to unify the color pallet of the image as whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment